Thursday, September 20, 2007

RICHEST PEOPLE...

Forbes released their list today of the top 400 richest people in America. I'm not on it and I'm pissed that I'm not. Oh, the reason I'm not on it is because I don't have a billion bucks. I'm still rich though.

I have a loving husband that would go to the end of the earth for me (or a quick trip out for ice creams, should the craving arise). I have 2 of the most handsome, adorable boys ever to walk the face of the earth. Sure, they may get on my nerves once in a while but wouldn't having all that money get on your nerves occassionally, too?

Oh gee, I'm earning mega-grands in interest on my money today, what am I going to do with it? Oh well, yeah, that wouldn't be so bad. I could deal with that getting on my nerves. I deal with my children (and my husband) getting on my nerves too. I deal with it because I know just lurking around the corner is one of those special moments.

You know the moments I'm talking about. The ones where your little one comes up with a new word. Or your older child uses his imagination and comes up with some story that just tickles the heck out of your funny bone.

To me, those are the moments that make me richer than Oprah, who, by the way, isn't in the top 22. Does Oprah have a smiling 20 month old to come home to that screams "Mommy!" when she walks through the door? That little bugger melts my heart when he does that.

So, see, I should be listed on the list of richest people in America. If only they ranked it on something other than $$ wealth.

Maybe coming soon: Mommeee's List of Richest Americans.

What's your reason for being on my list?

1 comment:

Jenifer said...

I love the idea..

I am rich also! Rich with fertility and the ability to have a child when I decide to do so, for that I feel truly blessed.

Rich for the new little life growing inside me.

Rich for the 12 month old who says "mama" and just learned how to walk.

Rich for the three year old that everyone just adores in her "outgoingness".

Rich for my husband who, frustrating stubborn Pollack that he is, loves me like no other.

Rich for a job that I enjoy going to each and every day.

Rich for my two step sons that accept me for who I am and help to complete our "family".

Rich in so many ways!