Wednesday, May 27, 2009
He's going to Washington D.C. where he will be attending a full military funeral at Arlington Cemetary. He'll also be seeing the majority of the monuments (did you know it takes 4 months to get clearance to go into the White House? We didn't).
From there, he'll be going to New York City where he'll be getting to go to a Broadway play (yet to be determined which one...any suggestions?). Then on to Boston, then Niagara Falls.
They'll be stopping in Chicago to visit the witch sister-in-law on their way back home.
He'll be gone for over 2 weeks.
I don't know how I'll do. So far so good but I miss him already.
I sent my camera with him so hopefully we'll have some good pictures to share.
How Gooey will do as an only child for a while, we don't know. This should be interesting.
Sunday, May 24, 2009
Last night we were at a friend's house using their pool. The kids were swimming and all the adults were hanging out on the patio having drinks and chit chatting. I love chit chatting. It's one of my favorite things. But anyway, back to my point.
So we're all sitting around talking and someone used the term beeyatch. Of course, Gooey hears everything. He pipes up from the pool and hollers "I am not a bee-watch!" He didn't get it exactly right but the point was made.
So even though we use made-up terms instead of the actual cuss words, they still get it.
I'm telling you. These kids are too smart for their own good!
Sunday, May 10, 2009
I now have a new Aunt Beverly. She's a sweetheart and I couldn't be happier for them both.
It was the most beautiful day yesterday. The wedding was held at my Uncle Sonny's house on the deck overlooking the lake.
She's a happy woman, can't you tell? I don't know which photo I like better, this one or the next one. They both show utter happiness.
Tuesday, May 05, 2009
It's been that kind of a day for me.
I had a meeting at work today and when I walked through the door, I spilled my full soda all over the carpet right in front of everyone.
Like I said, it's been one of those days. That's why I'm going to bed and it's barely 7 pm.
Monday, May 04, 2009
1. You've ever ended a sentence with the word SIKE.
2. You can sing the rap to the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air and can do the Carlton
3. You know that 'WOAH' comes from Joey on Blossom
4. If you ever watched 'Fraggle Rock'
5. It was actually worth getting up early on a Saturday to watch cartoonS.
6. You wore a ponytail on the side of your head.
7. You got super-excited when it was Oregon Trail day in computer class at school.
8. You made your mom buy one of those clips that would hold your shirt in a knot on the side.
9. You played the game 'MASH'(Mansion, Apartment, Shelter, House)
10. You wore stonewashed Jordache jean jackets and were proud of it.
11. You know the profound meaning of ' WAX ON , WAX OFF'
12. You wanted to be a Goonie.
13. You ever wore fluorescent clothing. (Some of us...head-to-toe)
14. You can remember what Michael Jackson looked like before his nose fell off, his cheeks shifted and his nationality became questionable
15. You have ever pondered why Smurfette was the only female smurf.
16. You took lunch boxes to school...and traded Garbage Pail Kids in the schoolyard.
17. You remember the CRAZE, then the BANNING of slap bracelets.
18. You still get the urge to say 'NOT' after every sentence.
19. You thought your childhood friends would never leave
because you exchanged handmade friendship bracelets.
21. You ever owned a pair of Jelly-Shoes.
22. After you saw Pee-Wee's Big Adventure you kept saying 'I know you are, but what am I?'
23. You remember 'I've fallen and I can't get up'
24. You remember going to the skating rink before there were inline skates.
25. You have ever played with a Skip-It.
26. You remember boom boxes and walking around with one on your shoulder like you were all that.
27. You remember watching both Gremlins movies.
28. You thought Doogie Howser/Samantha Micelli was hot.
29. You remember Alf, the lil furry brown alien from Melmac.
30. You remember New Kids on the Block when they were cool..and don't even flinch when people refer to them as 'NKOTB'
31. You knew all the characters names and
their life stories on 'Saved By The Bell,' The ORIGINAL class.
32. You know all the words to Bon Jovi SHOT THROUGH THE HEART.
33. You just sang those words to yourself.
34. You still sing 'We are the World'
35. You cuffed, tight rolled or french cuffed your jeans.
36. You owned a banana clip. 37. You remember 'Where's the Beef?'
39. You're still singing shot through the heart in your head, aren't you!