Tuesday, August 20, 2013

JUST A THOUGHT

Sunday at church was amazing.

I started out my morning lying in bed wishing I didn't have to get up.  I spent my Saturday not feeling well.  I wasn't really sick, just mentally not feeling well.  

The last year has been a bit harsh, to say the least.  Child in the hospital.  Money issues.  Death in the family.  Loss of a pastor.

Life can be really depressing.  

I begged Tim to stay home.  I just wanted to make a pot of coffee and sit at the kitchen table to read the paper while dwelling on my sorrows.

He wouldn't let me.

Fast forward to services at church.  Since our pastor is gone, the elders and other pastors have been filling in.  I must say that I love the elders at our church but I just hadn't been feeling "it" lately.  I really miss Pastor Michael.  But on this Sunday, Pastor Bil was filling in.  I was skeptical.  I've never really listened to an entire sermon by Pastor Bil.  He's a very interactive person and I'm more of a sit in my chair and just listen kind of person.  

I was utterly amazed at his sermon.  Highly impressed would be a good description.  And I even got out of my comfort zone and participated in his extracurricular sermon activities.  He raised my spirits.  

I was so thankful that I dragged my rear out of bed and went to church.

But something he said during his sermon really caught my attention and this is what I truly wanted to share with you today.   

"Each one of us is different...each one of us has things that God has put in us and made us specifically a certain way for a certain reason. We are not all the same. God does not make clones. He makes awesome masterpieces."

Think about this for a moment. 

Isn't that an amazing thought?

  
I just had to share.

No comments: