Thursday, July 31, 2008

WHO AM I?...

I've been sitting here this evening trying to figure out what to post on my blog. I haven't been the best of bloggers lately and I know I need to post something but my thoughts lately are just so scrambled.

I'm having issues lately deciding on who I am. No, I don't mean I've forgotten my name. What I mean is, I don't know exactly who I am at this point in my life. Right now, my life revolves around work and taking care of the family. That makes me a wife and mother, but beyond that, I'm lost.

I checked out our local community magazine this evening hoping to find a new hobby or take a class to learn something new. I could learn to salsa dance. I can learn a new language. There were many possibilities but nothing that really jumped out at me.

I guess for now, I'll continue my quest for who I am.

On another note, weekend after next is my 20 year class reunion. It's being held at a fancy hotel downtown. I'm really looking forward to it but with nervousness. Thinking about it makes me feel like I'm back in school and it's the first day all over again. I'll post more about this later because I have more thoughts to share.

Last, an update on the weight loss. Today was "weigh in day". As of 5:30am this morning, I've lost 25 pounds. In a lot of ways it doesn't seem like much. I haven't noticed much of a difference in my clothing. Yes, things are a bit looser and I can wear a few shirts that I had stopped wearing because they were just a little too tight for my tastes. I guess my biggest let down is that no one has noticed. You'd think leaving behind that much weight would make a noticeable difference. Or is that people are just too busy in their own lives to notice?

No comments: