Sunday, August 03, 2008

A BRAND NEW WEEK...

It's Sunday. This is the beginning of a brand new week.

I've come to love my Sunday mornings. Daddeee leaves for work at 6:30am so from then until the kids get up at about 9am, it's me time. I enjoy my cup of River Market Blend coffee. I get the laundry started. I play with the dog. I piddle around the house doing whatever may need to be done. It's quiet and peaceful. Just me and me (and Ranger, my pal).

It's been an uneventful week. It was a tax-free weekend so we did the back-to-school shopping for Bubba. It still amazes me that he'll be starting the 7th grade this year. We enrolled him at the school on Thursday. He goes to the same middle school that I went to so it's always fun for me to reminisce while he's checking out his new classrooms.

Speaking of school, my 20 year high school reunion is next weekend. I'm really looking forward to it. I can't wait to connect with old friends. It's funny, too. I'm so excited about it yet I have the nervousness of the first day of school. Will I be dressed right? Will people remember me? Will they still want to be my friend? I don't think we ever outgrow these feelings.

I can't decide whether to wear my black floral dress or my navy blue pantsuit. If I wear the dress, I have everything I need but if I wear the pantsuit, I'll need a new pair of shoes. I could always leave it up to fate. I can go shopping for the shoes and if I can't find any that I like, I'll wear the dress.

Then there's the whole "what to do with my hair" dilemma. I was going to go have my hair done at the salon until I found out they charge $34.99 an hour. I have shoulder-length hair that's incredibly thick so I'm willing to bet it would take a good hour and a half to do something with it and I just can't afford it.

So, today begins a whole new week. This week's schedule isn't busy, thank goodness.

Raise your Sunday morning coffee cup and help me toast to a week that brings much happiness and well-being to all.

No comments: