Monday, August 25, 2008

OPERATION WEIGHT LOSS UPDATE...

I took a trip to the doctor today for a check-up and refills on prescriptions. It was an awesome visit...until the end.

I've lost 30.5 pounds! I'm so excited and can't wait to lose more. The only downside of all this is that my clothes are starting to sag and the clothing budget for me right now pretty much sucks. There's nothing worse than having a new shape and wanting to show it off but the only way to do that is with some magical usage of safety pins and duct tape. Do you think I can pass off a belt made of duct tape as something stylish? I doubt it.

The reason the visit wasn't so awesome at the end was because she reminded me I was due for a tetanus shot. Yuck! I'm a wussy and hate shots. The shot wasn't so bad but the pain I'm feeling in my arm now bites. I'm trying to clean house and dragging my left arm around behind me is really slowing me down. My dream of a spotless house today has been dampened by an immunization. Oh well, I really didn't want to spend my day at home alone slaving anyway.

3 comments:

A Christian Mom said...

Congratulations on the weight loss!! Yay!!

Anonymous said...

You just need to be more creative with your clothing budget and buy the things that'll have the most bang for your buck...

Also remember to buy things for yourself that make YOU feel the best about yourself... don't worry about what you think other people will think looks good. Buy the things that make YOU feel good.

Unknown said...

yay! congrats! remind me how you're doing this...and how long its taken. i have GOT to get serious. ;-)