Monday, July 27, 2009

DEEP SUBJECTS...

"Life is just one damned thing after another." Erbert Hubbard

This is how things have been lately. Just when I think nothing else can go wrong, BLAM! smack in the face with something else.

We started out the summer doing ok. We had to put out a pretty good chunk of change on summer clothes for The Teenager for his trip to Washington, D.C. et al but we managed. Then the water pump went out on the truck. OK. We sucked it up and got that taken care of.

So now it's time to get the van relicensed. We knew we had this coming up and that the brakes would need to be replaced. That was in the budget except for now, something else is going wrong with it but no one seems to be able to tell us what.

And then last week, the biggest kick in the ass of all happened. Daddeee is being laid off. We don't know for how long. It could possibly be permanent. Just great!

On top of all this, we've been trying to get the website off the ground and the day it was to be unveiled on an internet radio show, the site crashed.

After a huge argument, hours of yelling at each other, and some hurtful words, it's back up and running (a few misplaced parentheses caused all the damage). But it's become a huge thorn in my side. I'm not having fun with it anymore. That was the whole jist of it. To have fun. That's why I wanted to do it. I thought it was funny and others would enjoy it too.

I guess now I need to take a step back from my life and re-evaluate everything. Why am I so stressed? Why am I taking everything so seriously? Where is the fun in my life? I just don't know.

Anyway, I've whined enough.

If you'd like, go take a look at the websites, VisitUranus.com and WearUranus.com.
Come back and tell me what you think. Did it make you laugh? Please tell me it did. Lie to me if you have to. I could use some positive in my day today.

No comments: