Saturday, November 22, 2014

DINNER FUN HAVING TACOS

I made tacos for dinner tonight because I've been dying to try the new Old El Paso Stand N Stuff Soft Flour Tortillas.



I browned the burger, added taco seasoning (I use Williams because I'm just a huge fan of their spices).  I opened a can of refried beans (yes, I cheated) and heated them up (I add a little taco sauce and cheese to them before heating then stir well once heated.  It adds a little umph to the canned beans).

I bought shredded lettuce and shredded cheese because it's just easier.  I diced up a few Roma tomatoes and an onion and opened a jar of Spanish Gardens taco sauce (my absolute fav taco sauce!).  I also bought some guacamole in the dips section of the grocery store.  I was taking the easy way out all the way around tonight.

Then we assembled and the beautiful result was this:


Looks good, doesn't it?  Well let me tell ya!  It was yummy!  Overstuffed a bit, I know.  It was worth it.

My thoughts on the Stand N Stuff?  We liked the flavor and ease of making but the eating of the taco was quite messy.  Like I said, maybe we overstuffed them.

Would I buy them again?  I think so.  Not so much for the product itself but for the laughter we had while eating them.

They made for a fun, laughter-filled suppertime.

By the way, I paid $2.50 for 8 shells.  A little pricey, in my opinion, compared to regular flour tortillas.

No comments: