Thursday, February 01, 2007

ARE YOU A STUPID DRIVER OR A DUMBASS DRIVER?...

It snowed today just enough to make the roads a sloppy, slick mess. I didn't find it too difficult to get to work this afternoon but evidently, others were having difficulties.

I watched a car spin out on the highway (luckily it was on the other side of the road from me). She seemed to be ok and got back in her lane ok. On the way home, it was as if everyone thought it best to drive in slow motion. The roads had been cleared and salted by this time so I didn't see any reason why anyone shouldn't be driving somewhere close to the speed limits.

So this made me think.

You know how it is when the weather's bad and you're being extra careful, driving slow and really watching what you're doing? Then along comes that car that passes you actually doing somewhere close to the speed limit so you feel the need to call them a stupid driver.

Or, you feel the streets aren't that bad so you're doing the speed limit passing all those dumbasses who feel the need to be too careful.

Can you see where I'm going with this? I think it's funny that during bad weather, we're all actually stupid dumbasses!

It all depends on your perspective. :)

No comments: