Saturday, January 19, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MY SWEET BOY...



My Dear Gooey,

Today you turn 2. I don't know where the time has gone.

I'd wanted you for so long. After having your brother, I so wanted to experience the joys of having another little one to love. Ten years went by and my hope was almost gone. Then, that special day in June 2005, I was finally able to feel that excitement that I had so longed for.

You came into my life on January 19th, 2006 after a long, painful labor and delivery. I still remember when the doctor put you on my stomach and I touched your actual body for the first time. You were so gray and you weren't crying like I thought you should be. They rushed you away to the NICU and I didn't get to see you again for 3 hours. They took your Daddy and I into the NICU where you were hooked up to more tubes than any little boy should ever have attached to him. I cried.

They didn't know what was wrong with you but you were at least stable. I touched you and kissed you. But you were a strong little newborn. You came home with us 5 days later and the rest of the story is one of love, laughs, and pure happiness.

Today, you are a jabbering, throwing, smiling, loving little man. You are adored by everyone. You like to flirt with strangers. You love to play outside and you pout at the door when the weather is too cold or wet.

I adore how you come running to me hollering "mommy" (and yes, I mean hollering loud) when I come home from work. I look forward to it each day. The worst day is completely mended when I hear you.

I thank God every day for you and your brother. You've both brought me so much love and joy I feel like my heart will explode.

The next years, I have no doubt, will go as fast as the last 2 but I look forward to seeing how you grow and what type of person you become.

Love,
Mommeee


1 comment:

ohAmanda said...

Happy birthday, Goo!!!