Wednesday, July 14, 2010

BIRDIE BUFFET...

Belly up to the bird food buffet, little birdies.

A few weekends ago, I discovered we had a cardinal visiting our deck.

I bought a $1 bird feeder and a $3 bag of bird food.

Saturday morning, The Kid and I were snuggling in the recliner when we noticed the birds lined up for food. He called it a "Bird Buffet".

Sunday morning, while watching the news and drinking my coffee, we were once again visited by the cardinal at the bird feeder. He brought along his mate.

It was adorable watching him feed her with his beak.

I tried to get a picture but as soon as I moved, they moved.

So this morning, I caught some of the birds helping themselves to some free grub.



I had to take the picture from way across the living room and through the sliding glass door so it's not a fantastic photo but you get the idea.

How's that for some cheap entertainment?

And yes, those are fingerprints all over the door. Hey, I have a 4 year old and 2 dogs. I couldn't keep the glass clean if I washed it every 5 minutes.

And Daddeee, who squawked when I wanted to buy all this, now wants more feeders. Too funny.

No comments: