Thursday, August 04, 2011

BURGER SAUCE

Remember this:

Two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun?

When I was a kid, if you didn't know this line, you didn't know squat.

We used to have contests to see who could say it the fastest. Yes, we were nerds.

In case you don't know where that came from, I'll tell you. It was only one of the best advertising campaigns McDonald's ever had. It's what is on a Big Mac.



I have my own version of the special sauce. For all I know, this could be THE special sauce but since I don't know everything they put into theirs, I'm calling this one mine. Plus, I think mine is a tad bit spicier than theirs.

This recipe makes about 3/4 cup sauce. I keep it in a container in the fridge. I don't know just how long before it goes bad because it usually doesn't last long in my house.

Ingredients
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon ketchup
1 tablespoon yellow mustard
4 slices kosher dill pickle (or sweet if that's how you roll)
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon paprika
a pinch of cayenne pepper

Combine all ingredients in a food processor until smooth, scraping down the sides as necessary.

This is what it looks like at work:


No comments: