Sunday, July 31, 2011

JUICY SURPRISE BURGERS

Summer is not complete until you've had burgers cooked on the grill. Whether you prefer charcoal or gas, you can't go wrong with this recipe.


There are 2 different surprises in my burgers. Each has a purpose and help to make this a spectacular hamburger.



I use 73/27 Ground Beef. Grilled hamburgers need that extra fat to make them good. Extra fat makes everything good. I'm just sayin'.


The first of my unique hamburger making steps involve bread. I use 1 slice per pound.


Break up the bread into your mixing bowl. To this add 2 tablespoons of milk per slice of bread. Let the bread absorb the milk. At this point I add my seasonings: Worcestershire sauce, my favorite hot sauce, seasoning salt, garlic powder, and onion powder.

Mix this big sloppy mixture into the burger. At this point it looks nasty but believe me, it's good. Get in there and use your hands. It's the only way.

For each patty, divide your meat in half and make 2 thin patties.


Put about 3 to 4 pieces of cheese onto the thin patty and put the other patty on top. Seal the edges and complete your patty.

I had a helper today. The Kid played the Cheese Man and placed the cheese pearls onto the patty for me since my hands were a mess from making the patties.



I used mozzarella for that fun, stringy effect. It doesn't hurt to have fun with your food.



Once all the patties are made, generously pepper the outside. I don't think you can ever have too much pepper on your meats.

Next, send the hubby out to the grill to do the hot work. I do this because Daddeee has amazing grilling skills. By amazing, I mean awesome, spectacular, and incredible.



See. I told you. Do those burgers look amazing or do they look amazing? Daddeee, you outdid yourself on the grill tonight.


And you can't have grilled burgers without some homemade French fries.


Am I making you hungry?


The burger is so big it wouldn't fit into my mouth so I had to do a little smooshing.

And surprise! There's the melted cheese in the middle. You can see the juices oozing from the meat too. Fat, bread, and milk worked together to make that possible.

I'm so full I must go take a nap...for a week.

No comments: