Sunday, July 03, 2011

PRE-JULY 4TH FESTIVITIES



We had our 4th of July party a little early this year.

I made pasta salad and potato salad.

Daddeee made apple-smoked pork burgers.

Dinner was scrumptious!

Afterwards, we retired to the drive way for some fireworks and visiting with friends and neighbors.

I've always heard that you know it's been a good party if the police show up.

This was a good party.

The police came and confiscated our fireworks!

Evidently, if it goes up in the air, it's illegal in Kansas City.

Oops!

No harm done, though. We continued to party until the rain headed in.

Today, I slept until almost 2pm. The older kids are still asleep. The younger kid and his father are napping right now.

I hope you all have a wonderful and safe Independence Day.

And I hope the police don't ruin your party!

No comments: