Tuesday, July 26, 2011

THOSE PESKY FELLOWS

GERMS!

Last Thursday the babysitter called as I was leaving work to let me know that The Kid took a nap and woke up with a 101.1 fever. She said he had complained earlier in the day of a sore throat.

I picked him up from her house and took him to Urgent Care.

Strep. Not fun but at least we diagnosed it fast and a few doses of amoxicillin later and he's as good as new.

Fast forward to this morning.

I awoke with a sore throat and an awful headache. I showered hoping it would make me feel better but no such luck.

I called in to work and went back to bed.

Now I'm up and I still have the sore throat and the headache.

Thanks, Kid. I know I taught you to share but this is going beyond.

So now I'm waiting for the doctor's office to call back to see if they'll just call something in or if I have to make an appointment.

In the meantime, I'm going back to my bed. My head feels better when it's comfortably resting on my pillow.

No comments: