Friday, July 08, 2011

LET'S TALK TOILETS


I hate public bathrooms. I hate them but yet it seems I always have to go while in public.

I can pretty much tell you where the cleanest bathrooms are near my house.

The front bathroom at my Wal-mart is usually cleaner than the bathroom in the back of the store. I do not know why.

I think it's hilarious that people will flush the toilet so that others using the nearby stalls will not hear them poop.

We all poop, people. Don't be embarrassed about it.

And, please, please, leave a buffer zone between stalls. If I'm in the bathroom in stall 3 and I'm the only other person in there when you come in, I beg of you to not use stalls 2 and 4. It's just common courtesy.

And now for some interesting facts about toilets that I'll bet you didn't know:

The film “Psycho” was the first movie to show a toilet flushing – the scene caused an in pouring of complaints about indecency.

Over $100,000 US dollars were spent on a study to determine whether most people put their toilet paper on the holder with the flap in front or behind; the answer: three out of four people have the flap in the front.

I prefer mine with the flap in the front. It comes from the days when toilet paper came with patterns (remember the flowers?). The pattern was on the top so therefore the flap needed to be in front.

The average person spends three whole years of their life sitting on the toilet.

Now that there aren't as many White Castles around, I'm sure this figure will go down.

The first toilet stall in a row is the least used (and consequently cleanest).

Good to know. I'll have to remember that.

The Roman army didn’t have toilet paper so they used a water soaked sponge on the end of a stick instead!

I cannot imagine life without toilet paper. I'll admit I use a lot. I don't skimp on price for toilet paper either. That's one item on my shopping list I will not be frugal.

In a 1992 survey, British public toilets were voted the worst in the world. Following quickly behind were Thailand, Greece, and France.

The survey obviously didn't include The Teenager's bathroom.

And last, I'll leave you with this:

The toilet handle in a public restroom can have up to 40,000 germs per square inch.

I'll never touch another toilet handle again.

No comments: