Wednesday, November 15, 2006

FEELING BLAH...

I've felt kinda blah the past few days and haven't felt like posting. I don't know if it's because the weather went from a spring-like 80 degrees last week to a full blown wintery 30 this week (with a chance of snow). It probably has a little to do with the enpending holiday which I never look forward to. I love Thanksgiving but the joy of that holiday is always lost when Christmas shopping looms around the corner.

It really disappoints me that people think that Christmas is all about presents and spending money. I have to admit, I'm always disappointed that I can't give my children the gifts that they expect (mainly Big Brother since this will be Little Brother's first). I suppose this is partly my fault for caving in on previous years.

Hubster's family is really big on the whole gift-giving thing. That makes it even more difficult. We don't have the kind of money they do to lavish everyone with gifts. We've tried the drawing of names game in years past but to me that's even worse.

Whatever happened to "if you want to give a gift to someone, then do." A person should be obligated in any way to give someone a gift. I don't think that is what a gift is.

No comments: