Sunday, November 05, 2006

SANCTUARY SUNDAY...

As we come upon another election week, there are issues that have merged religion and state. So for this Sunday's verse, I have chosen this:

Matthew 7:1

Don't judge, so that you won't be judged.

Some people will be voting on whether or not to allow same sex marriages. My feelings on this is it's not for me to judge. Anyone should be allowed to marry anyone they want (age appropriate, of course). What my beliefs are whether they be religious or other, shouldn't play a part in this.

If two people believe they love each other enough to spend their lives together, then let them. Recognize them as a married couple. If they want to go before a priest, pastor, justice of the peace, or whatever they so choose, then let them.

Maybe our world should be less judgemental on same sex marriages and more critical on those that make this oath to one another and years later decide, Oops, I've changed my mind!

No comments: