Sunday, February 21, 2010

ANY WAY...

Yesterday morning I awoke and did my normal Saturday-I'm-up-way-to-early-because-a-4-year-old-little-boy-woke-me-up-way-to-early activities.

Once he was fed and the coffee was on, I curled up on the couch to watch Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice under my old, ratty blanket.

There was a wedding on PP this week and the dad gave a speech about how his little girl once told him he was her "any way" friend.

That's been on my mind ever since.

What is an "any way" friend, you ask?

It's a friend that, no matter how stupid you are, no matter what trouble you get yourself into, they are your friend any way.

I have lots of "any way" friends.

How do I know this?

Because I've been stupid and I've done stupid things.

And they're still my friends. Amazing!

But, have I BEEN an "any way" friend?

For the most part the answer is yes. Some of my friends have done some pretty stupid things but I won't mention their names but you all know who you are.

We've laughed about those stupid things, together, until our cheeks hurt.

We've learned from each others stupid mistakes.

So, do you have "any way" friends? Have you been an "any way" friend?

Are you one of my "any way" friends or am I one of yours?

No comments: