Saturday, June 03, 2006

HIGH PRICE FOR A MARGARITA...


Thursday was my oldest sister's birthday. She turned 42. To celebrate, we went out to dinner last night. She chose El Sombreros, a fantastic, greasy Mexican restaurant we've been going to since we were kids. It was as good as always.

You can't go to "The Hat", as Hubster calls it, without having a margarita. I don't know what they put in them but one will get you off the ground. We ordered a pitcher for Hubster and myself. Now, if you remember from previous posts, I've been having heartburn problems since Little Brother came along. I wasn't three quarters of the way through my first glass when it began. Dummy me forgot to bring anything to take. You'd think I'd learn to take something before I eat or drink alcohol. I was up half the night battling the pain. Of course, drinking half the pitcher didn't help either. Anyway, Prilosec here I come.

Since Big Brother is out of school, I haven't had a chance to spend time with him, just the two of us. Last night I tried to stay up with him and watch a movie. We started "Cheaper by the Dozen 2" at about 11. I think it was 11:30 when I nodded off on the couch. Poor kid, I owe him another night. (Note: The movie wasn't very good...at least not as good as the first IMO)

No comments: