Saturday, August 29, 2009

MISSING DAD...

My dad passed away 19 years ago today. He was 47 when he died.

I miss my dad a lot. He wasn't alive to meet my husband or my boys. He would have been amazed at how smart The Teenager is and how much Gooey looks and acts just like him.

I'm sure he's up in heaven looking down upon us and watching over us.

Today, The Teenager and I drove out to the cemetery. I know some may think it's creepy but I took a picture of his stone. It's actually his dad's stone but he didn't want us to "waste money" on him. He was frugal that way.



He didn't even want his name on a stone but my aunts added that several years ago. If I'd have known the grass around it needed trimmed, I'd have taken my tools.

I do miss him a lot. More than I could put into words here.

No comments: