Wednesday, February 16, 2011

LOVE TO HATE OR HATE TO LOVE

Taking a cue from The Housewife @ The Housewife Diaries, I'm posting about a song. It's not one of my favorites but it's one that I find myself singing every time it comes on the radio.

I get halfway through the song when it hits me that even though I know every word to it, I hate it.





What if God was one of us?
Just a slob like one of us
Just a stranger on the bus <---do you think God would take the bus?
Trying to make his way home
Just trying to make his way home
Back up to Heaven all alone <---do you think God is alone in heaven?
Nobody callin' on the phone <---maybe not on the phone but I'll bet God hears from people ALL of the time
cept for the Pope maybe in Rome <---is this like the red phone at the White House or maybe the White Phone at the bowling alley?

I get to these lines in the song, just singing along when it hits me how silly this whole song is. Then I get irritated at myself for not realizing it sooner as if I've wasted time out of my life. And even worse, I'll then spend the rest of the afternoon with the song stuck in my head, singing lines from it as I load the dish washer or wash my son's hair.

I can remember things like this but I can't remember that I made a dentist appointment for tomorrow or what I ate for lunch yesterday.

Funny how life works.

No comments: