Sunday, June 19, 2011

FATHER'S DAY

I have two fathers that I would like to wish a Happy Father's Day to today.

One of them I get to spend every day with. The other I miss dearly.

My husband, Tim, is an amazing father. I couldn't have chosen a better man to spend my life with. We've been through many hard times yet with humor and love, we come out smiling.


You've assisted me with raising 2 of the most amazing sons we could have ever asked for. I know that you and The Teenager have had your issues but I know that it's only because he is so much like you. That just means he's going to grow up to be an amazing man like his dad.

The other father that I would love to wish a Happy Father's Day is my dad, Joe. I wish I could give him a hug and go out to dinner with him like we used to and watch tv shows with him.

He's been gone this year for 21 years (in August). That means that I have now lived more of my life without him than I did with him. It's a melancholy thought but it's weighing on me really hard this year. I think I've missed him more this year than almost any other year in the past.

He was an awesome father and I would like for him to see my boys because I know he would absolutely adore both of them (especially The Kid and their mutual love for guacamole!)

And to all of the other fathers out there, enjoy your day today.

Bobby, Joe B., Jason R., and N8: Happy Father's Day to you all!

No comments: