Sunday, September 02, 2012

BREAKFAST MUFFINS

NOT YOUR EVERY DAY ORDINARY BREAKFAST MUFFINS

I love breakfast food.  I prefer to have it for dinner but on rare occasions, I'll get up on a weekend day and make breakfast for my family.

I found a recipe online for some easy breakfast muffins that aren't your ordinary breakfast muffins.  

I was trying to come up with an easy breakfast that would feed lots of people (we had overnight guests) and decided to give this recipe a try.  


Ingredients
  • O'brian hash browns (or plain if you don't like peppers and onions)
  • 1/2 slice of bacon her muffin
  • Mozzarella cheese, shredded
  • 1 egg per muffin
  • salt and pepper to taste
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  2. Spray muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray
  3. Place 1/2 slice of bacon along the inside side of the muffin tin.  
  4. Place about 2-3 tablespoonfuls of hash browns into the muffin tin
  5. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until bacon and hash browns are to a doneness that you prefer (I like crispy for both)
  6. Top with the mozzarella.
  7. Crack an egg into each ramekin.  Season with salt and pepper.
  8. Bake in the oven on the middle rack for 5 minutes.
  9. Broil on high for 5-6 minutes or until the eggs are set.  
  10. Serve with sliced tomatoes for an amazing breakfast combination.
These were a huge hit and have been every time I've made them.  

PS.  Yes, I realize the picture doesn't show the bacon.  I didn't have any bacon the day I made these and took the picture but believe me, bacon makes them so much better!

No comments: