NOT YOUR EVERY DAY ORDINARY BREAKFAST MUFFINS
I love breakfast food. I prefer to have it for dinner but on rare occasions, I'll get up on a weekend day and make breakfast for my family.
I found a recipe online for some easy breakfast muffins that aren't your ordinary breakfast muffins.
I was trying to come up with an easy breakfast that would feed lots of people (we had overnight guests) and decided to give this recipe a try.
- O'brian hash browns (or plain if you don't like peppers and onions)
- 1/2 slice of bacon her muffin
- Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 egg per muffin
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray
- Place 1/2 slice of bacon along the inside side of the muffin tin.
- Place about 2-3 tablespoonfuls of hash browns into the muffin tin
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until bacon and hash browns are to a doneness that you prefer (I like crispy for both)
- Top with the mozzarella.
- Crack an egg into each ramekin. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake in the oven on the middle rack for 5 minutes.
- Broil on high for 5-6 minutes or until the eggs are set.
- Serve with sliced tomatoes for an amazing breakfast combination.
These were a huge hit and have been every time I've made them.
PS. Yes, I realize the picture doesn't show the bacon. I didn't have any bacon the day I made these and took the picture but believe me, bacon makes them so much better!