Monday, September 03, 2012

GLASSES

Yes, I wear glasses but those aren't the glasses I'm referring to today.

I'm talking drinking glasses.

Specifically, souvenir drinking glasses.

When I open up my cabinet door to grab a glass, I prefer to grab any one of my favorite souvenir glasses I've collected throughout the years.

I don't know why for sure but I think it's because I like the idea of remembering the good times.

I have a souvenir glass from one of our favorite Mexican food places that I accidentally walked out with one day.  It's a silly plastic glass that has the name of the restaurant on it but it's a favorite of mine.

I have a souvenir glass from Giordano's Pizza from my trip to Chicago with The Teenager and his orchestra group last spring.  Everyone looked at me like I was nuts when I asked if I could buy my glass but I have a simple remembrance of that trip (and that wonderful pizza place that has now ruined pizza for me from any other restaurant).  


I don't have a picture of the glass so I'm sharing a picture of the pizza with you instead.  Yum!

I have all of the Shrek glasses from McDonalds.  I know there was a recall but I loved the glasses too much to let them go.

I also have a Twilight glass.  Yes, I'm a nerd that way.  I'm Team Edward, by the way.

I have a souvenir glass from KC Improv too.  It's a smaller glass but I love it just as much as I love my other souvenir glasses.

I do have a good set of glasses in my cabinet but I just prefer to drink from one of these.

I love them!

It's my fetish.    


1 comment:

Bo said...

What a great collection idea. I collect key chains. I get one from every where I go.. I currently have about 2000. Its great to have something to pass down to my grandkids one day.