Sunday, June 17, 2007

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY...

Father's day is difficult for me. My dad died in 1990. It's hard to believe that it's been almost 17 years. Sometimes it seems like yesterday and other times, I feel like I can't remember him.

I had gotten to where I couldn't remember what his voice sounded like. It really bothered me. Then, not long ago, I had a magnificent dream. In the dream, I went to this island in the middle of a lake. When I got to the island, I met up with some friends. Now, these friends weren't people that I know in real life. They were only friends in my dream. These friends and I went to see this woman that was like a psychic or voodoo type person. While I was visiting her, my dad came to visit. I got to walk with him, talk to him, touch him, hug him, and most important to me, hear his voice. When it came time for me to leave the island, he saw me off on my boat and we hugged.

The dream was magical to me. I can remember his voice and smell what he smelled like.

Another thing that has always bothered me is that he wasn't alive when Bubba and Gooey were born. In the dream, he told me that he sees them and is proud of me for raising such wonderful boys.

I miss my dad but I know that he watches over us. He came to me when I needed him, even if it was for just a short time.

No comments: