Sunday, June 24, 2007

MOODY MONDAY...

Monday's always make me moody. They mean the weekend is over and a new work week is beginning. It's not that I don't like my job. It's just that I enjoy being home with family and friends more.

The weekend began Saturday morning with stripping the curtains off the windows and getting them washed. Did you know the kitchen curtains aren't beige? They're actually white! Yes, I admit I'm a little slow with getting the house cleaning done. My house isn't dirty. It's just cluttered. Yeah, that's it, cluttered.

Saturday night I went to a bachlorette party for my friend from across the street. She had a Passions Party and it was wonderful. We all had a good time testing the lotions and edibles and even testing out the toys. The best part came when the stripper arrived. He was so well worth it. He not only danced for the bride-to-be but danced for each one of us in the room. Let's just say, he was solid.

Sunday I went to a baby shower, which turned out to be rather boring. I hate the silly baby games they play and thanks to Gooey wandering the room, got to sit out of most of them.

Sunday afternoon we went to mom's house for dinner. Her fried chicken is so worth the extra calories, not to mention the mashed potatoes with gravy, homemade mac n cheese, green beans and all followed by the cake with whipped cream and cherries on top.

I had to come home and work off all the calories by working in the yard. We're getting it ready for the big 4th of July bash we have here every year (more on that later). So now the weeds are all pulled, the clutter from the winter is all gone, and the patio is all hosed off. We still have some odds and ends to do but it's all little things that can wait until next weekend.

Well that's the end of my recap of the weekend. I sure hope everyone else a good weekend too.

No comments: