Thursday, May 17, 2012

HAPPY CHERRY COBBLER DAY

Today is National Cherry Cobbler Day. 

I've only made a cherry cobbler once in my life.  I was told it was good.  I didn't taste it.

I'm not a huge fan of cherry cobbler.  Neither is anyone in my household.  Except maybe the dogs.  I don't know.  You'll have to ask them.

But since today is Cherry Cobbler Day, I figured I'd entice you with some wonderful pictures.



Pie isn't pie without a scoop of ice cream  Well it's true.  I wouldn't lie to you.
 



The one time I did bake a Cherry Cobbler, it looked more like this one.  I haven't made another one because I remember the crust being a pain in the keister.    

But it wouldn't be a complete post unless I left you with a recipe.  

I don't know who Mrs. Ely is but this recipe must have been decent to have been clipped from the newspaper and kept.  

Enjoy your pie!

No comments: