Sunday, May 13, 2012

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY


For Mother's Day, we are spending the weekend at the weekend house in Harrisonville.

Jason smoked a brisket that was absolutely amazing, Daddeee made pasta salad, and Papa Gary made his most fabulous baked beans (I will get this recipe from him someday soon).

 After dinner, the guys started a fire in the fire pit. The beginning of the fire was to get rid of all of the twigs that fell during the storm last week (insert tornado here). Once the real fire got going, it was amazing.

We bought the jumbo marshmallows but soon realized they were just too big for roasting.  They were extremely messy too.

Once the kids were satisfied with their S'mores, the adults were able to sit back and relax.

I love to sit and watch the fire.  I find it mesmerizing.   The popping and crackling is amazing to listen to. 

The Teenager collected pine cones and poured them on the fire.  Watching the pine cones burn is so interesting.  I can't even begin to explain to you what they look like as they're burning. 

So far I've enjoyed relaxing on my Mother's Day weekend.  It has been a much needed time of relaxation since I spent most of last week sick. 

Happy Mother's Day to all my mom friends!

No comments: