Wednesday, August 01, 2007

IT'S A COW THING...

On our trip back to KC on Sunday, we stopped at a convenience store somewhere north of Springfield but south of Sedalia. All I remember was the town name started with the letter "B". I picked up a fountain soda for me and a bottle of milk for Gooey. Once we got to the van, I opened the milk to put it into Gooey's sippy cup but when I opened it, I could smell it was sour. Bubba and Daddeee took the milk back into the store to exchange it. Every bottle with the expiration date of 8/1 was sour. They finally found one dated 8/3 that was good.

Once we were on the road, we were talking about it. I said maybe the cows were in a bad mood that day. Bubba, in his quiet way, spoke up after a short while and said "Mom, don't you mean the cows were in a bad MOOOOOOOOOOOd that day?"

We cracked up!

. . . . . . . . . . . . .

Regarding this weeks Wordless Wednesday post: The fountain that Gooey is headed for is outside the Precious Moments Chapel in Carthage, Missouri. If you ever get an opportunity to visit, do so. It's free and well worth the time.

No comments: