Sunday, August 26, 2007

REMINISCING...

I'm sitting here today trying to figure out what I want to blog about. After hearing Gooey say "Goggy, goggy" for what seems like the bazillionth time, I decided to post about some of the sayings that Bubba created over the years (or ones that we created for Bubba).

The saying that stands out most in my mind is "park it the back". This is the term he used for when we backed in one of the vehicles. We still, to this day, refer to backing in the van after buying groceries as parking it the back.

A few other terms that he created are "kimmisites and kimmis peasants" (phonetically spelled because of course, I have no clue how a 2 yr old spells such words). Kimmisites are Christmas lights and kimmis peasants, Christmas presents. Daddeee and I used to joke that the kimmis peasants contracted diseases like kimmisites. Well, it was funny to us.

A term that was created for Bubba by me was "jammified". Getting jammified is the act of putting on your pajamas. It still works to this day when I get ready for bed, I tell them I'm going to go take a shower and get jammified. It's a workable, easily pronounced term.

Now, Gooey isn't yet old enough to create his own terms. I know in the next year or two, he will and I can't wait to be humoured by them, but for now, I'm stuck hearing "Goggy" over and over and over again.

1 comment:

Jenifer said...

Paige has a lot of these...

Sippy cup = Sikky cup
Mayonaisse= bananaisse
Napkin= magnan

There are others I can' think of off the top of my head....

I love the jammified thing.... I may start using it!