Tuesday, September 23, 2008

OH GEEZE...

Gooey is a loud boy. He talks constantly and he's nowhere near learning to use his indoor voice.

We didn't make it to Walmart but we did go to Target today to get our trash bags. Target's closer to home and I wasn't up for a long drive to Wally World.

So we're cruising the store and Gooey's being his usual loud self. We get the trash bags we came for and decided to peruse the Halloween costumes and other goodies. Gooey's announcing to everyone within 20 aisles that he's looking for a pirate costume (news to me since he previously told me he wanted to be SpongeBob). We found a pirate costume but it's $24.99. Not going to happen. Mommeee will wait until it's on sale.

So we head on to grab some shampoo because I did remember that I was almost out. So while I'm looking in the shampoo hoping they'll have something new to tame this wild mop of mine, Gooey's going on and on about how he wants to go back and look at the pirate costume again. I told him no but he wouldn't take no for an answer. Finally, at my wit's end, I told him if he didn't stop, I was going to spank his butt.

Smart little whipper-snapper that he is, he comes back with "Mommeee, are you going to pull this cart over and spank my butt at Target?"

UGH! I'm fighting a losing battle.

No comments: