Sunday, September 28, 2008

PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: BAR STYLE...

Yesterday afternoon, Daddeee and I went to the Kansas City Power & Light District to participate in an Presidential Election at The Flying Saucer.

Here's the way it works: you buy a beer in the glass of the candidate you wish to vote for. The glasses are so cute. They each have a caricature of the candidate along with the saying "Get off your (insert picture of a donkey) and vote!"

We each chose to have our beers in glasses with Barack Obama to cast our votes. Daddeee had a German lager and I had a Granny Smith Cider. Mine tasted just like apple juice, but was alcoholic.

Being the geek that I am, I had to have a McCain glass also. I had to have the complete set. Maybe it's the OCD in me, I don't know. So, to keep the votes equal, Daddeee had another beer in an Obama glass to cancel out the McCain vote (the waitress said they couldn't sell a glass without the vote counting). Plus, The Teenager wanted his own Obama glass anyway.

All in all, it was a nice afternoon out with my hubby.

I took a photo of the glasses for you to see. Ignore the feet of my photography assistants in the background.


See who's winning

Which glass would you buy?

1 comment:

Tracey said...

Cute idea! Not sure who I would get. I am still so undecided at the moment. I have a little over a month to decide...