Tuesday, November 25, 2008

ASK SANTA...

For the past month or so, every time a toy commercial comes on tv, Gooey announces, "I want that!"

At first, my answer was "You'll have to ask Santa."

Gooey then began to announce at the first beat of any toy commercial, "I want that. I'm going to ask Santa."

I had to come up with a new answer. I settled on "Well, you'll have to be a good boy or Santa won't bring you all the toys you ask for."

He then began to recite "I want that! I'm going to ask Santa and be a good boy!"

Sigh. My answer: A simple "OK".

Now, when a toy commercial comes on television, we hear "I want that I'm going to ask Santa and be a good boy OK!"

Yes, it comes out all in one breath. No punctuation required. No response needed from me.

Will Christmas hurry up and get here? Please!

No comments: