My meals go like this:
- Breakfast: I eat a Fiber One bar every morning. I'm usually in a hurry so this is perfect for me to eat in the van on the way to work. I also have my travel mug of coffee with milk and Splenda. This usually lasts me most of the morning.
- Morning snack: usually an apple or a banana.
- Lunch: A salad. Sometimes, if I've been to Sam's Club, I'm lucky enough to have the spring mix lettuce, otherwise, I use iceberg. I keep containers of black olives, black beans, garbanzo beans, shredded cheese, and mushrooms in the fridge so I can add these to my salad if I want. I also include a protein, whether it be a boiled egg or a meat leftover from the night before. I love salad dressing and lots of it so I use one that's low in carbs, usually 2 or less. My current fav is Green Goddess. Some days I'll also eat a piece of fruit with my salad.
- Dinner: I know I also have to feed 2 growing boys so dinner is usually where I get the most calories. I make a meat, mostly chicken, along with a vegetable or 2 and once again, I eat my salad. I do try to stay away from starches.
- Evening snack: If I get hungry in the evening, I normally will grab a piece of cheese.
If I get hungry for something sweet I'll eat it, but only a couple of bites. It's just not possible to watch the entire family have dessert and not enjoy some too.
It's a pretty simple plan. I've been doing it since June and it's working for me.