Sunday, November 09, 2008

WEIGHT MANAGEMENT...

I wanted to do a post to answer the question I've been getting from most people. How are you losing weight?

My meals go like this:

  • Breakfast: I eat a Fiber One bar every morning. I'm usually in a hurry so this is perfect for me to eat in the van on the way to work. I also have my travel mug of coffee with milk and Splenda. This usually lasts me most of the morning.
  • Morning snack: usually an apple or a banana.
  • Lunch: A salad. Sometimes, if I've been to Sam's Club, I'm lucky enough to have the spring mix lettuce, otherwise, I use iceberg. I keep containers of black olives, black beans, garbanzo beans, shredded cheese, and mushrooms in the fridge so I can add these to my salad if I want. I also include a protein, whether it be a boiled egg or a meat leftover from the night before. I love salad dressing and lots of it so I use one that's low in carbs, usually 2 or less. My current fav is Green Goddess. Some days I'll also eat a piece of fruit with my salad.
  • Dinner: I know I also have to feed 2 growing boys so dinner is usually where I get the most calories. I make a meat, mostly chicken, along with a vegetable or 2 and once again, I eat my salad. I do try to stay away from starches.
  • Evening snack: If I get hungry in the evening, I normally will grab a piece of cheese.
I don't drink any regular soda. It's been all diet pop for over a year now. I really love the Diet Coke with Splenda, Pibb Zero, and Vault Zero. I make iced tea at home with only a small amount of sugar. I know all the experts say to drink water but I'm just not a water drinker.

If I get hungry for something sweet I'll eat it, but only a couple of bites. It's just not possible to watch the entire family have dessert and not enjoy some too.

It's a pretty simple plan. I've been doing it since June and it's working for me.

3 comments:

A Christian Mom said...

Sounds like a pretty simple plan. Something I think I could manage. Especially the fiber one bar... I don't really eat breakfast in the morning. Occasionally I'll have cereal, but mostly I skip it. Which I know is bad, when trying to lose weight.

Thanks for sharing your success with us!

Tasha said...

I totally need to get on a plan like this. I have feeling fat. Ugh.

Unknown said...

Okay - I searched out your blog. ;-) Now I know how you're doing it! So - basically - you're doing low carb and mostly eating salads! Hmmmm, sounds tough. But 50 lbs later...I think it's been worth it, huh? We need before and after photos on the board! ;-)
Continue the great work!!!