Sunday, November 16, 2008

IT'S SUNDAY...

and I'm being incredibly lazy. I'm sitting here in my bedroom and it's a disaster. I'm not kidding. I'd post a picture to prove it but somehow, word would get to my mother and she'd come spank my butt for not cleaning my room.

In my defense, it's not my fault that the bedroom is such a mess. Well, not entirely. Daddeee is a slob. There's a hamper right outside the bedroom door, yet his dirty clothes are in a pile right inside the bedroom door. An entire 3 feet away.

He also has tool issues. There are hundreds (if not thousands) of dollars worth of tools that he owns in this house. When he uses one to do whatever little honey-do, he leaves the tool where the project took place. Then he gets mad when he goes to get a tool and can't find it. Well, honey, just like I tell the kids, if you'd put things back when you're finished, you'd always know where it's at. But I'm not that kind of wife. I don't preach to my husband. At least not to his face anyway. It's usually under my breath as I trip over a pile of screwdrivers left in the oddest place.

But I've wandered from my original thought. Yes, my bedroom is a mess and I'm lazy. I know I need to do something about it but I don't want to. I think it's because I just don't know where to begin. Do I start with the pile of laundry or do I tackle the pile of papers on the desk? I could start with making the bed, I guess. Sigh.

What I do know is that as long as I'm sitting here, nothings getting done. Well, nothing except my butt spreading across this chair. How many calories do you burn cleaning house? As messy as my house is, I should burn tons of calories by the end of this day.

No comments: