Thursday, November 06, 2008

OWL UPDATE...

I haven't done an update in a while on the whole weight loss thing. It's not because I've stopped losing. I just figure maybe people would get tired of hearing about it.

I know in years past when I would hear of someone, even close friends, losing weight I would be so jealous that I would wish they'd just shut up. Now I'm on the other side and it feels so great that I don't want to shut up.

So when I first began this journey, I set a goal for myself for the end of the year. I sort of reached that goal today. I only say sort of because a couple of months ago, my scale went ballistic so I had to buy a new one. The new one weighs 4 lbs heavier than the old one. Figures, right? So if I had been using my old scale, I would have reached that goal today. But since I'm using the new one, I still have 4 lbs to go. Not bad considering I have until the end of the year. I know I'll make it. I'm challenging myself to reach it by the end of this month.

So all in all, I've lost 46 lbs. I know, a huge accomplishment. I'm so excited. It really motivates me to continue on (I still have a long, long way to go).

A lot of people have asked me how I've done it. I've done 2 things.

I walk. I walk with the boys. I walk when I can at work. I've found I really love to go walking. I'm hoping to venture out and find some new places to go walk.

My second thing I've done is portion control. I no longer sit down and eat a huge meal, most times having seconds. I've also added new foods. I eat a lot more fruit than I used to. Fruit is all natural, one of God's diet tools. I've even gotten some friends started on this too.

In the future, I'll post some sample menus. Just not tonight. I'm whooped. I don't work tomorrow (WOOHOO, PTO day!) and I want to spend the day getting a lot done so I need to go to bed.

In the meantime, WOOHOO for me!

3 comments:

A Christian Mom said...

Congrats on meeting your goal! You're such an inspiration!

nope said...

Congrats that is no small thing! So proud of you ... You are so much healthier today.... Go you.

Kacey said...

Congratulations to you! That's a major accomplishment. Go, you!w