Tuesday, November 04, 2008

TODAY'S THE DAY...

Yes, today's the day we will make history. Either we will have our first black president or our first female vice president. I'm sure other things will make history today but this one is at the forefront.

I'm not going to go into who I voted for and how I voted on issues. That's something I believe is for me to know and that's all that matters.

What I do want to say about today is that IT'S OVER! There will be no more he said/she said, he did that or didn't do that, he associates with this person etc, etc, commercials. I never, ever thought I'd look forward to the annoying Sonic people sitting in their cars discussing what they will order or talking about what they did order and how they will eat it. I look forward to more of the incredibly annoying "beep beep dot com to shop for cars online" jingle. I want to watch the creepy woman eat a nasty, dirty $5 bill on the Quiznos ad. I yearn for Dominos to tell me they'll deliver pizza to me in just a half an hour, even though it's no longer free if they don't make it in time.

I can't believe I'm saying this because commercials annoy me to no end. But, all of these annoyances are so much better than political ads.

No comments: