Wednesday, October 25, 2006

JUST WEDNESDAY...

I woke up this morning feeling like someone beat me in my sleep. Big Brother was home last Friday with a fever and cold (now is down to the nasty cough) and Little Brother went to the doctor for his 9 mth checkup and ended up with the same virus, only it manifested itself as a rash. I'm wondering if now it's my turn.

I'd never heard of a rash being viral before. The doctor wasn't concerned with it at all. Evidently, it happens all the time.

Little Brother weighed in at 20 lbs 8 oz and 30 inches long. He's in the 75th percentile for weight and the 95th percentile for height. He's my big boy.

He learned to patty-cake a few days ago. He gets so excited, though, that he ends up intertwining his fingers and can't clap. And the smile he gets on his face is absolutely priceless! I need to try to capture it "on film".

We have a busy end of the week scheduled. Today, Little Bro and I are heading over to Mom's house to fix her computer. I think it's time for a complete reformat. Hopefully that will fix all her problems.

Tomorrow and Friday are half days for the kids in school. After school tomorrow, we're going to the health center for shots. Big Brother is getting the chicken pox vaccine and Little Brother is getting another hep B. Normally we would have these done at the Ped's office, but insurance has decided that they won't pay for vaccines anymore since they're free at the clinic. Yet another of their money-saving ideas that makes my life more difficult.

Saturday is a surprise birthday party for my sister's fella. It's a last minute thing that completely has thrown off my weekend plans. So now I have to find a sitter, figure out what dish I will be taking (probably deviled eggs) and come up with the money to pay for the night out. Thanks, sis.

So now I'm off to go nurse my aching body and get a little more rest before Little Bro makes his appearance for breakfast this morning.

NOTE: Yes, I know I missed Recipe Tuesday. I will post it later today or maybe tomorrow.

No comments: