Saturday, October 07, 2006

TIRED AND GLAD TO BE HOME...

We got up bright and early this morning, packed the minivan, and took off for Warsaw. We arrived exactly at 11 for the reunion. All in all, it was a nice day. The same people won the door prizes that win every year. The food was the same as always. Stick to eating what Mom and I brought.

I learned a bit about family history today, too. My great-great-great-grandfather spend 1 year and 1 day in prison for stabbing a man to death. He was actually protecting a brother that was being beat by the group of men. I also learned that there used to be money in the family. I wonder what ever happened to it.

So here are the pictures I promised.

Uncle Steve, Mom, and Uncle Sonny
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Mom with Uncle Steve's girlfriend, Beverly
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Uncle Sonny couldn't get over how much Little Brother looks like my dad. He just had to have his picture taken with him.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

We took a drive down to where our old house was before it burned down. All that remains is the patio and the fireplace (at least what's left of it). I brought back some pieces of the brick because it reminds me that my dad built that house. I don't know what I'm going to do with the bricks yet but I'll figure out something.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Me and Big Brother checking out the fireplace.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The old "Swinging Bridge" that we actually used to drive over to get into Warsaw. This is probably the reason I have a fear of bridges.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

No comments: