Saturday, January 13, 2007

IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!!!...

So today I officially turn 37. I'm really feeling it, too. Not so much in the sense that my body feels old, but that I can remember back when my parents were 37 and they were old!

I started my new job and the majority of the people that work there are so young. I'm used to being the baby of the group and now I'm one of the older people. I'm one of the "working moms". I'm the woman with the mini-van (don't get me wrong, I love my mini-van. It's just I'm not one of the sporty-car type people anymore).

My sister is taking the kids tonight. It will be the first night I've spent away from my darling little baby (who's not a baby anymore considering he turns 1 next week!). We are going over to Mom's house to have steak and shrimp with some friends. Then, we are just staying there because I plan to drink and I don't want to worry about driving home.

On the Future MILF's topic, I lost a 1/2 pound this week. Not much but at least it's in the right direction. I did do really well with my veggies this week. I developed a cold a few days ago so I really haven't eaten a lot the past 2 days. Nothing sounds good and it doesn't taste right anyway.

So, back on the turning 37 thing. I think I just need to find a way to embrace the "Old" me. Maybe a new hairstyle or even better, a new color is in order. Hmmmm, wonder what I'd look like as a platinum blond? LOL That's a funny thought. Maybe I'll just go blond. I'll talk to Miss Clairol and see what she thinks. I did decide that I'm going to let it grow longer. I'm sick of the short hair thing.

What other changes can I make to embrace a new, more mature ME?

1 comment:

yerdoingitwrong said...

Happy Birthday. Enjoy!!