Sunday, May 18, 2008

MY MORNING...

Do you ever wonder what your neighbors think of you? I mean, you know they're paying attention to what you're doing because you're paying attention to what they're doing. At least I do. I'm that kind of person.

I got up with Gooey this morning and decided to make a nice breakfast. I got out the package of double smoked bacon I splurged on at the Italian Market last week. I got the bacon started in the frying pan and then got Gooey dressed. I propped open the back door and let Gooey wander. My neighbors were outside working in their yard. After a few quick, friendly greetings, I resumed my morning.

I fried some more heavenly-smelling bacon and chopped up my potatoes. All the while, the mowers are out back mowing the hill and the ballfield. Everytime the mowers come by, Ranger starts barking eratically and Gooey comes crying in the house. Lovely. I get Ranger corralled back inside and calm the boy.

Back to cooking breakfast. I get the last batch of bacon into the pan, nibble a piece of cooked bacon to marvel at how yummy it is, and again, the mowers pass by. Sigh. Ranger barks again and Gooey cries again. Wonderful. This time Gooey won't be appeased by "the mowers can't get into the backyard. They can't hurt you". It's an all out wailing festival.

So I lock the dog up in his cage (what I should have done to begin with) and I take Gooey upstairs to Daddeee (who happens to think it's a day to sleep in). I give him his plug but ganky's in the washer so he's unhappy.

So returning downstairs, I can smell that the last batch of bacon is going to be rather crispy. By crispy, I mean burnt. So, instead, we're having blackened bacon with breakfast.

I finish up the bacon, put in the taters and get them cooking. While the potatoes are cooking, I holler upstairs to see how many eggs everyone wants. The response: silence. I holler again. At this point, I decided to just say screw it and make myself some eggs.

I ended my morning by having breakfast alone, just me, my eggs, bacon and potatoes.

Now the entire time this is going on, the neighbors continue to work in their backyard. I know they can hear everything that's going on. I know because I can hear and see what goes on in their kitchen. Yes, I'm a peaker. I'm the person that sneaks glances into peoples houses when I'm out walking. I can't help it. I'm a curious person.

Hopefully, since they've had children (they're all grown up now) they know that this chaos is normal.

It's part of having a family.

***DON'T FORGET THE CONTEST FROM YESTERDAYS POST. A STARBUCKS GIFT CARD IS UP FOR GRABS***

3 comments:

nope said...

Well for some reason 1 set of my immediate neighbors hate me. Don't know why. I hope people don't peak - I have a horrible habit of running downstairs in my undies. YIKES! Peakers! YIKES.

Tracey said...

I'm kind of glad my neighbors are all family now! They know how chaotic our house can be already!

A Christian Mom said...

We live on an end lot, so not a lot come by here & peek. But my neighbor has a sliding glass door that goes into their living room, where they spend most of their time. They always have the door or blinds open. I can't help but peek in, lol. They always wave! LMBO!