Friday, May 30, 2008


...and too tired to even think.

We arrived back home at about 7pm last night. By the time we got everyone fed dinner and bathed, I was too pooped to even think of doing anything else and just passed out in bed.

We had a wonderful time! The first day we spent riding go-carts, feeding the fish at the fish hatchery, and driving around Branson. We arrived at the cabins just in time to unload and start a bonfire. We made s'mores and roasted hot dogs...or happy weiners, as Gooey called them. We know why he calls them weiners (thanks to Bubba) but we don't know why they're happy weiners.

Our sleeping arrangements were changed due to Gooey not wanting to be with anyone but me. He and I snuggled up in bed and slept until a thunderstorm rolled through. The thunder and lightening was magnificent over the lake. We watched for a short while then snuggled up under the covers.

When we awoke the next morning, it was still raining so we couldn't fish. Instead, we drove back to Branson and did some shopping. We lunched at a placed called McFarlands and who's sitting at the next table but Daddeee's boss. How odd of a coincidence is that?

Wednesday morning we awoke to a gloriously cool breeze so the adults headed down to the docks for a little fishing, thanks to Tara, my niece, who watched the kids for us. We got almost 2 hours of simple, quiet fishing. We didn't catch anything, not even a nibble, but the peace and quiet was so relaxing.

Once the kids came down, we switched to another side of the dock, changed to night crawlers and the fish began to bite. I was first with a large mouth bass. We strung it up and continued on. Daddeee was next with a small mouth bass which he caught with Mary Bobbins (he looked really cute fishing with a pink fishing pole). I ended up catching 3 fish, 2 keepers, Daddeee only caught the one. Our friends caught a few too. All in all, it was a good day of fishing.

While the kids napped, Daddeee and I took a drive to Persimmon Hill Berry Farm. We had a Thunder Muffin, their homemade blueberry muffins. It was heavenly. I bought a jar of their blueberry jam, some muffins to share with the kids and a hand made wooden spoon. It was so good, we went back with everyone before we left for home.

Our vacation was wonderful but I am so glad to be back home. There's nothing like showering in your own shower and sleeping in your own bed.

I'm still working on pictures so stay tuned.

No comments: